Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Meet Team Weiss


I really don't think my life is super special but I feel like I want to share my daily life stuff in a way that is more detailed than Facebook, Instagram or other social media sites. I want to share my funny stories, struggles and recipes. I hope that others will find their way to my blog and also share.

I suppose I should start this blog by introducing myself. I am Sara. I am 36 years old (how did THAT happen). I live in Falls Church, Virginia. A suburb of D.C. on the Southern side of the Potomac. Yes, "Northern Virginia" as I was recently reminded over and over again while visiting Charlottesville. I was born in Naval Bethesda Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland. My mother was in the Air Force. I have lived all over the DMV including Rockville, MD, Chevy Chase, MD, NW DC, Arlington, VA and Falls Church, VA. I am true DMV girl. I am not a transplant and I am not restricted to one part of the D-M-V.
This is me.


I have three children, all girls. I attribute the fact that I have three girls on a couple of things. One factor is my husband is kind of macho. So of course he would get girls! The other reason I believe I have girls is divine one. When I was pregnant with my second child, I asked God (or whatever Higher Power is listening) to please give me a boy so that I might not be such a man hater. When my second was born a girl, I just decided that the Higher Power agreed with my man-hating. My girls are Destiny, Faith and Hope. Yes, I am aware their names are kind of cheesy to some people but my husband and I happen to think they have cool names that mean something to us.

My oldest daughter is Destiny. She is currently 14 years old, in the 8th grade and she is super smart. I am pretty sure that she is the smartest person in the house when it comes to subjects like math and science. She recently won first place in two events at the Science Olympiad Regionals. I had her when I was 22 and my husband Allan was 19. We were young and not married but both very committed to being good parents. She is shy around people she doesn't know but very outspoken once she is comfortable. She is super into this Japanese video game called Tohou. This is not to be confused with regular Japanese Anime. She is very sensitive about this and will correct you with a quickness should you confuse the two. She has a dark sense of humor and thinks her sister Faith and I are very annoyingly cheerful. Destiny is not your typical teenager but still displays some teenage behavior.
Destiny

My middle child is Faith. Faith is 10 and in the 5th grade. She is a tiny thing with a huge personality. She loves drama,both in the artistic sense and the personal kind. She has a pretty hip style and she tends to wear different and neat things. She wore cat ears for about 4 years straight. She wore them to school, in pictures and pretty much any place she could wear them. She has recently changed to wearing hats. She is very sweet but not early in the morning or if she is mad. Her feelings are never a secret. She enjoys hanging out with her friends and listening to music. She aspires to become an actress. Something I understand since I would also like to be an actress. Faith was 3 months old when Allan and I got married. She is always up for doing or trying anything. Faith gives me typical tween stories.
Faith
My youngest daughter is Hope. She is currently 6 months old. Yes, we are crazy to have started over again. She is either super happy or super cranky. Doing the baby thing in my 30's is different than doing it in my 20's. We are in such a different place in life than when our other two girls were babies. Hope is always getting love from her sister Faith and Destiny makes her laugh. Hope is spitting up all the time now. I feel like my furniture and clothing are always smelling like spit-up. Yeah, I know, Spit happens.
Hope
My husband is Allan. He works at a local university and thinks he is super funny and in shape. I believe he is addicted to working out. He disagrees. We have been together for 15 years and married for 10 years. I am pretty sure we drive each other crazy but we are always on Team Weiss.
Allan and I 
My mom Michele also lives in our household. She is retired and love to eat at Chevy's Tex-Mex. She could eat guacamole everyday. She has a lot of funny opinions and is very kind.
Mom

Well, this is us... I hope I can generate some interest in our life....


#mommyblogger #kids #recipes





No comments:

Post a Comment